My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

happy valentines day

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

I didn't get a chance to do anything quilty this weekend. We did take a load of things to the new house. Air conditioners, Christmas decorations, wrapping paper and a few other things we knew we weren't going to need until after the move. We also did a bit more clearing out giving away a few things we are sure we are never going to use again. I made an artist friend very happy giving her my husband's old drafting table to use for her painting. He does all his drafting on the computer now and she was trying to decide how she could paint on a slight incline rather than either a flat table or the uprightness of an easel. I tell ya sometimes things just fall into place.

My beginner quilt class started last night. We are making a 4 block sampler wall hanging/table runner. I just love teaching the beginners. They are so eager to learn and so happy with their accomplishments. They always leave the first night with a twinkle in their eye and a stack of fabric to wash and straighten. I have one student who is driving 3 hours each way to my class. There aren't many quilt shops in Northern Maine and she really wants to quilt. She hasn't even started yet and she has already started stashing :o) She came to class with a large tote bag full of fabric. It really makes you wonder which comes first the love of fabric or the love of quilting.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cathi said...

Lovely colors on your beginners class sampler...simple but very pretty.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great beginner's project! That is one determined student to learn quilting to drive such a distance.

Cheers!

Evelyn

8:05 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

oh, I collected fabric for a year before diving back into quilting-it is great to work with beginners, no doubt about it!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Kairle Oaks said...

Four patch, nine patch, stars, flying geese, etc. It looks like you've got the basics covered! That will be a nice runner/wall hanging!
Kairle

1:55 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Isn't it the best when you have such a motivated student!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Love the sampler you are teaching! Keep on inspiring new quilters!
Hugs
Laurie

8:34 AM  
Blogger Debby Brown said...

How wonderful to share the love of quilting with an entire new generation of quilters!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home