My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, March 13, 2006

productive weekend!!!

I had a great productive weekend. We spent hours yesterday going through stuff and packing boxes for yard sales and to move into the new house now. Scott and Taylor went over and took a load when they worked on the closet. My house is now a disaster, but I feel like at some point we may actually get everything from this house to the other one. :o)
Our quilt group is doing a Round Robin starting this month. We are going to have 6 rounds so it's going to be pretty big when we get finished. Our group is Heart 'n' Hand so I made this for my center block. It's adapted from Dashing Around by Whimsicals. I love their stuff. This will be my last big project with this group so I am hoping it will be a good remembrance of the group here. I was one of the original members when our chapter started 7 years ago. I am definitely going to miss some of my quilting friends. :o(
We are supposed to provide our own documentation method ie. camera, labels, notebook, something to document it's journey around the group. Anyone have any creative ideas??

Here is the other quilty thing I got accomplished this weekend, the center portion done for the Advanced Beginner top I was making. It just needs borders and then I will quilt it up for a small lap quilt.
I was having a seriously spacey day and after it was all put together I noticed I had put one row on with the blocks turned the wrong way. So I diligently ripped out the seam, laid it out again to make sure it was right and went to the ironing board to press. I then carried it back to my sewing machine and proceeded to sew it back on RIGHT where I had just ripped it from. Very frustrating, but the third time is the charm and after ripping it again I did manage to get it put back on where I intended. :c/


6 Comments:

Blogger Kairle Oaks said...

I love your Heart 'n Hand, Tami. Beautiful job! That goes for your second quilt as well. I think we've all had the same experience of ripping something out only to sew it back the same way. Some days are just like that.
Kairle

5:05 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I feel your pain - one of my recent errors was to rip out a seam that I thought was wrong only to realize when I had resewn it that it was right to begin with. Of course, it had to be ripped out again and resewn!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

That is frustrating! The whole time I am ripping out I am thinking about what I could be sewing!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It will be fun to see what your round robin block develops into! I have never done a rr, but love looking at everyone elses.

And sewing and ripping - yeah, I belong to that club too!

Cheers!

Evelyn

12:37 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

I've been in round-robin type swaps where a dispo camera was included i the package. Each person took a pic or two before sending it along.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Great center for your Round Robin! I love the hearts and hands theme, and you interpreted it so very nicely.

As far as the mistake goes - third times the charm! Must be catching - I did that last weekend also. Luckily mine was a very short seam.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home