My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

stress: the ultimate motivator

I have gotten so much more done this weekend than I have since Christmas. I guess having too much to do makes me do so much more. I made a list of what needed to be done. I got the striped border on my third yellow brick road baby quilt. Now they are all three ready for longarm quilting. I got some embroideries done and ready to be put into Christmas presents for next year. I got all the supply lists for my quilt classes compiled, printed out and took them along with my samples to the quilt shop for my new students. This plus all the regular household chores that needed to be done and the taxes.

I was on such a roll, today I just kept going. I had designed a small mystery wall hanging in Electric Quilt for my Advanced Beginners to make. I had written out the supply lists and instructions so I decided to test them out. I got all the cutting done and found one mistake (good thing I tested). I then sewed together all of the units up to the point I will need them for demonstration. While I was sewing the units, with my leaders and enders I got 4 - 25 patches ready for the scrap quilt I am working on. :c)

I feel great. It was a really productive weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

Tami, what a wonderful quilty day you had-and you did a lot of things that will de-stress your life later on. Neat mystery quilt design!

1:44 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

When I have TONS to do, I like to work off a list too - gives one such a sense of satisfaction to put lines through each completed item!

Cheers!

Evelyn

3:26 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

What a wonderful quilty day you had. Isn't it great to make such progress!

9:00 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

Sounds like you've been very productive and enjoyed yourself. Hope the classes go well.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Tami, I like the quilt you designed for the class. Congrats on getting so much done!

Judy L.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Nice fabrics !

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home