My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

never enough time

There is never enough time to do all that I want to do. I had big plans for this weekend and I ended up doing almost nothing. It's a really good thing I decided not to sign up for the UFO challenge on the stashbusters list because I would certainly be Queen by now. All this working for a living is getting in the way of living. I end up spending at least part of every weekend doing my grocery shopping and house cleaning. Then by the time I take care of obligations I have hardly any time left for quilting. It's also a good thing I didn't join the No Buy challenge as I fell off the "not buying" wagon this weekend. For me I was very good only buying 4 yards, but Marden's is my downfall. You never know when you might need that fabric.

I did take a class on Saturday and learn to make an Aunt Philly's rug. It was fun and I got quite a bit done. It will be a good TV project. I picked colors to go in our new living room. It doesn't show very well in the picture, but it's greens with a redish plaid. I'm mixing in a plain green and maybe some beige depending on how big I end up making it.

Today I worked on some UFO baby quilts I started last year. Yellow Brick Road makes a good quick baby quilt when you don't know the decor or colors. I added some embroidery to try and make my Bernina 200 pay for itself. I like to keep a few baby quilts on hand in case someone needs one unexpectedly. I got 2 of them bordered and ready for longarm quilting. I have one more to do, but the border I chose has stripes and I didn't have time to match stripes today.

I also spent some time cutting 2 inch strips for leaders and enders. There is a quilt in my 40 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts book that I have been wanting to make. It has 25 patch blocks and I would say I have at least half of what I need to make the quilt cut and quite a few sewn. I am really enjoying the leaders and enders concept. I feel like I am getting more bang for my time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Welcome Tami! Your sewing area is so NEAT! LOL...is it ALWAYS that way? ;o) And your new home looks lovely as well! You will enjoy that large space!!! Love the quilts as well!
Hugs
Laurie

11:52 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Welcome to StashQuilts! Wow, that is some neat (and organized) stash! Looks like you are making good use of it too - thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Evelyn

3:30 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

welcome Tami...glad you made the jump from stashbusters into stashquilts! what a terrific sewing set up you have and more room to look forward to in the new home! wow...color me envious lol.

4:51 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Hi Tami - welcome! Your "new" house is gorgeous!

10:54 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

Love the rug... I tried that one weekend, but it never "took" -- I'd rather handquilt in front of the TV :-) Welcome!!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Hi Tami, Looks llike you are a new blogger like me. I love the house you are moving into - what a wonderful place to be. I can't wait to see pictures of the inside - particularly what your sewing room looks like after you move in. The rug looks like fun. I bet it's a good stashbuster!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home