My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

another done another begun

Can you believe it? I finished another Jo's mini today. All quilted, bound and sleeve applied. Ready for the wall. I had to run to the LQS for more of that final border fabric because I wanted to use it for the binding as well.
I also spent some time on my October Jo's assignment. We are making October Road for this month's club meeting. It was a little big for my taste so I cut down the size to make the blocks smaller and fewer of them so it can fit in with the others on my wall. The blocks are going to be 5 inches finished. I got the centers done and my fabrics chosen so maybe I can get some done this week evenings after work.
DH spent this weekend at the building we still own in the town we moved here from. The previous tenants sold their business to new owners. For some unknown reason the town has all of these new complaints about the building and the business. The prior owners had been there for 7 years and no problems. These poor new owners move in and they are demanding all sorts of modifications from different exit signs to steps over a 2 foot wall from an emergency exit that no one uses. There is a walkway beside the building that has been fine, but all of a sudden there have to be steps. DH is taking care of the outside modifications while they make the changes to the business inside. Poor DH, after having worked behind a desk for the last number of years, is not used to all this hard labor. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Oh I love those little Jo Baskets!

5:58 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

love those little blocks, good for you glad your sewing again!
Having a finish feels great doesn't it!
Kathie

4:28 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

The double basket quilt is one of my favorites. Yours is beautiful. Love working with Jo's fabrics and patterns.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home