My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, September 06, 2010

blogging the process

I am still in the Jo's Little Women club at my local quilt shop. We finished the scheduled (or rather some of us - not me- finished) patterns for this year. Our group wanted to continue so the second half of the year we are doing projects from Jo's latest book. Our first class we worked on the little needle book I posted previously and we then had the next month to finish these 4 basket blocks. I finished the blocks before the month was out. Everyone was duly impressed.


The second month we did hand piecing. I made this tumbling blocks block. Not sure what I am going to do with it, but I love hand piecing and had a really good time doing it. I cut my blocks down from what everyone else was doing, I can't ever seem to follow along, but really wish I had made them even smaller. I am contemplating doing an entire hand pieced miniature from tumbling blocks. 3 dimensional blocks are so fun.



We now have until next meeting to make this tiny rail fence quilt top. Each block is only 3 inches finished. There will be 24 blocks so I am more than half way there. I think 2 months in a row I might finish my assignment. A huge improvement for me. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I have always liked those little Jo Baskets. I don't know why I haven't made any of those blocks yet. I have the pattern.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Love those baskets! And your rail fence is wonderful! Welcome Back!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

good to see you back.........I like the projects you have been working on.......

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home