My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, October 25, 2010

great things are happening

I am back among the ranks of the gainfully employed. :D I accepted an offer today. I'll be starting on November 1. My commute will be cut in half and I should be getting home at a pretty decent hour so I am hoping I will have more time to quilt than I did with my old job.
On Saturday April and I took a miniature quilt class. I brought my camera, but completely forgot I had it until I was packing up to leave and found it in my bag. The class was amazing. I have always loved tiny things and these are so tiny. This 4-patch will finish to about 6 inches square. I also have some friendship star blocks made ready to assemble into another tiny little quilt. I'm going to add these to my quilt wall. They should add a nice little accent among the giant Jo's little quilts.
Since I lost my job I didn't feel like I could do anything except try to find a new one because I had no idea how long it would take. Now that I have one, I have a week to do whatever I want. Believe me it's been a long time since I have had any time to do any more than what was absolutely necessary to keep the household running. I have decided that I would like to get some projects finished. I seriously debated if I should post this horrible picture, but this is what my sewing room looked like this morning when I went in to get started. I figured not much would get done until it was cleaned up. After spending most of this afternoon in there it doesn't look much different. I spent this evening folding fabrics to put away in my cabinets. Now I just have to find space to put them away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations on the the new job1 I'm so excited for you!

6:16 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

oh I love that little quilt so much that fabric on the border is beautiful!
congrats on a new job and closer to home!
I love that you have this time off to regroup and get your sewing time in!
keep going!
Kathie

9:41 AM  
Blogger suz said...

Wow-congratulations on getting a new job! I'm sure you will be much happier with less traveling. Hopefully there won't be so much of a demand on your time either.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home