My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

meeting days

Planning days at work can be my favorite days. With our agile method of working we work heads down, really hard in 2 week "sprints". Then we have 2 days of planning to define the work for the next sprint. The planning meetings tend to be long and drawn out. Luckily no one expects us to just sit. You can see Patrick crocheting on the right, Ed with his squishy bat and all the toys on the table. I spent my time doing some knitting on a pair of socks. I think I got about 2 inches done on Friday and am hoping to get up to the cuff tomorrow. I actually find it easier to concentrate when I'm bored if I have something like knitting to occupy some part of my brain.
I made a little progress on my process this weekend. Yesterday my LQS had an open house and sale (gotta love a sale). I had been looking for something to use for sashing and I thought this Jo Morton was nice. I had the cornerstone fabric in my stash. I am thinking of adding a narrow accent border and then a wider one.
This month's Jo's challenge is October Road. Not my favorite so I'm not sure I'm going to do it. I've been thinking and I might cut the blocks down and only do 6. I might like it better smaller. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home