My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

friday fun

Friday was our annual summer outing at work. Usually we are taken to some nice resort type place, offered a choice or chicken or lobster and then allowed to partake of the activities offered until time to leave. Not so this year. A couple of the managers got it into their heads it would be fun to have a surprise outing. The time outline was given to us, but with the activities left out. We were to meet for lunch in the office, do our activity then all meet at 4 for cocktail hour at a local restaurant and prizes at the end of the day.
Everyone met at our gathering area in the office for lunch and were divided up into teams. While everyone was eating the activity was revealed and time for strategy given. Our leaders had been very busy. They had set 14 geocaches spread out around the city, given points by difficulty. We had 3 hours to find enough to add up to 12 points and then call in to get coordinates to a final "big kahuna" cache. We ran from one end of the city to the other and ended with all but one team frantically searching the parking lot of the restaurant for the final cache. It took more than an hour, but the final cache was finally found by the team that had arrived first so I guess it was fitting. It wasn't my team though. :'( We got there second. I have to tell you I ended the day completely exhausted and had to come home and take a nap. I am way out of shape from my sedentary job and I think I will have to do something about that. It was fun though and I wish I had known about geocaching when my children were younger. It would have been a great family activity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home