My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, September 05, 2010

one foot in front of the other

It has been a really long time since I blogged last. I didn't intend to be gone so long, but things have been, shall we say, difficult in the Bearypatch.
I was going along pretty well at my job when my company decided that I was needed on a different team. A team where I had no idea about how to do what I was being asked to do. I have spent the last few months running as fast as I can just trying to keep up. I am finally starting to figure things out, but I still feel far from proficient.
My father is all safe and snug in his assisted living facility, but he is bored. He is used to being a relatively active person. He liked to putter around his yard and house. I have tried to come up with ideas of things he can do in his more physically restricted state, but everything I come up with he dismisses. His only answer is for my sister and/or I to entertain him when we aren't working. With my new job learning curve I have been putting in over 60 hours a week and most of the rest of my time is spent trying to keep my household running and his bills paid and errands done.
Last week I got a message saying I have been deactivated from the Stash Quilts ring. I've been on it since almost the start and this made me realize that I am working myself into the ground and haven't been doing anything for myself. I am going to start timeboxing and work blocks of time on tasks and make sure to set aside blocks for the things I enjoy. And I do enjoy blogging. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Sending you lots of good thoughts! You take care.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home