My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, November 23, 2009

sometimes things seem so unfair

I am so annoyed. DH's work has decided to send him to Mobile, Alabama for 2 months. His job is not a travelling one and he rarely has to go anywhere. Usually when he does he has time to plan and he is gone for 2 days at the most. He was supposed to be told last week as he is leaving next Tuesday, but he now has only a week including a holiday to get everything ready. He had dentist and Dr. appointments for next month. Snow will start at any time and I am going to have to deal with that by myself. I am also going to have to do all of the Christmas shopping, deal with our frequent power outages and everything else without help. I am not looking forward to being alone for 2 months. If I can find someone to take care of my babies I might go down and work remotely for a week or 2. Does anyone know of anything fun to do in Mobile? Any really good quilt shops? His company has been rotating people in and out every 8 weeks. I want to know why we get stuck with the worst winter months?
My SSCS is on it's way to it's destination. Pictures have been sent to Chookyblue and I feel good getting all my swaps sent off , and on time. ;) I hope the recipients enjoy what I sent. My Advent swap arrived here today. I can't wait to get started opening all my little gifties. Maybe it will keep me occupied while DH is gone. :`(
I have so many finishes this week and I can't post pictures of any of them. :( Two finishes for my SSCS and part of my nephew's Christmas present. I can, however, count them as finishes for my OPAM Challenge! November is turning out to be a great month. Maybe I can win the drawing this month. :D

4 Comments:

Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

good news re the SSCS.......email me again I don't have it..........I have just been preparing some advent goodies for my Aust partner......

4:43 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

so sorry to hear this, I can't imagine having to deal with the snow!
you need to hire someone and send the bill to his company!
lots of sewing time in the evenings will keep you busy
Kathie

6:27 AM  
Blogger Howdy said...

Sorry to hear - it's tough if you weren't expecting it at this time - short notice isn't fun.

Having grown up in the military I can assure you that you are very capable of taking care of business on your own there at home... there are thousands of women doing this each and every day. You'll be fine - repeat after me... I am woman hear me roar! LOL

Last winter when my husband was working out of TX - I told him to make sure that what ever hotel he was at would take dogs. Then I threw the dogs in the car and we went and spent 6 weeks down there. Can't remember what pets you have off hand... but if you can work remotely and have someone clear snow while you are gone... I'd be programing the GPS and packing my stuff!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hello SSCS here
and I would like to say I love my Tree decoration and carn't wait till Christmas to open the other one, thank you so much you have spoilt me with the fabric and cotton in my little glove.

I to hate it when my DH gose away I never sleep well so by the time he comes home I'm excursed. Take care I am sure you will be all right.
Hugs Bec

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home