My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

where in the world are tami and april?

My life has been so filled with stress lately. I know part of it is my personality and how I take things to heart, but I think in these times a lot of us are experiencing a whole lot of stress. Every day I hear on the news of new layoffs in our area. Our work has cut back on staff so everyone left has more to do and no one feels safe no matter how hard they work. We still own 2 houses and in this real estate market no one is even looking. So all of this means that we have a need to do something to relieve our stress and hopefully do a small part to help with the economy. April and I decided that what was in order was an economy stimulating ROAD TRIP. We pulled out our credit cards packed our bags and headed out into the world ready to buy. This is where my story looses some of it's pizazz. I was so proud of myself for remembering my camera and taking lots of pictures, but I totally forgot my cord to transfer these fun pictures to my computer so as anti climatic as it is I will have to wait until I get home to post all the fun we are having. Lets just say that this weeks stash busting report is not going to be pretty. Marden's got a shipment from a quilt store and guess where our first stop was. Can you say Moda 2.99? :-0

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! $2.99??? Okay, you can add to that stash as much as you want at those prices!

6:08 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, what fun, will be looking forward to your photos. Sympathize with you about the two houses and the increased workload for those who are left, though.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home