My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

shopping!!

Each year I head up our company adopting a family through the Salvation Army. This year we were a little late getting started due to some "administrative glitch". We didn't get our family assigned and sent to us. I had to call to find out if we were getting one this year. We were assigned a single mother with a nine year old son, an 8 year old daughter and a 9 month old son. We had only 2 weeks to get everything taken care of and delivered by December 10th. I enlisted the help of another coworker and we went on a shopping spree. It was fun, but exhausting. We went off after work and were able to get most everything from their lists in one trip. The only thing I still have to get is the meal ingredients and gift card.
Look what arrived in my mail box all the way from Australia. My SSCS gift. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to leave it in the mailing envelope so I went ahead and opened it. My Secret Santa packaged it perfectly. I have a pattern and a beautiful calendar for now and a wrapped present that I am going to be a very good girl and not open until Christmas. She even wrapped it in Santa teddy bear paper. She must have done some blog research. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what's in my present.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Oh, You are very good girl! I don't think that I could wait till Christmas morning.*S*
That pattern is so cute!

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home