My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

longarm quilters look away

As promised, a better post from my 2 day quilting vacation with my friend April. She let me borrow her longarm so I could quilt the quilt I made for my niece for Christmas. I started with a baby quilt top I had pieced a while ago to get some practice and a feel for it. Luckily, I don't think you can see the stitches very well. I'm sure if a professional didn't heed the warning in my subject and is looking they are cringing right now. I'm pleased simply because it is done. No home for it yet, but I like to have baby quilts on hand just in case. Another project finish to add to my tally for Finn's challenge.
My niece's quilt is all ready for the binding then I can get it wrapped up for Christmas. That will complete my commitment for project finishes for the challenge. Everything from there out is icing on the cake. :D
I also completed: my SSCS for my partner in Chookyblue's swap; something for another Christmas swap I am doing; and some sock knitting for me. I can't post pictures of the presents until after they are opened, but April really likes them so I am hoping my partners will as well.
I also taught April how to knit cables. She was so excited. I sent her off happily knitting a 3 cable Irish Hiking scarf.
I had a really hard time going to work this morning. It was so much more fun sewing and hanging out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Both quilts look wonderful to me. The baby one is so sweet.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

How fun to have the chance to play on a longarm. I think your quilting looks just lovely!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Both quilts look great, with wonderful quilting jobs.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

I love the title of this post!!!
I have wanted to make a shadow quilt for a long time. This one looks great. I have had a fear of chosing the wrong shadow fabric. I nover thought of black. Well duh! It looks fabulous!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your shadow quilt is wonderful - that might be just the design I was needing for my nephew's quilt! Your quilting looks great as well.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YOU see the imperfections of the quilting because you did it and you had your nose about 5" from it I guess! We don´t! And from our side both quilts look wonderful. I love the swirls of the shadow quilt. And 2 tops quilted feel great, doesn´t it?
I admire you for teaching knitting. And I am very happy that knitting seems to be in again.
Take care.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home