My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, September 01, 2008

i'm off

I'm off on my business trip tomorrow. Anyone know of any good quilt or yarn shops in Harrisonburg, VA?
I finished my first 2 at a time pair of socks today after stalling out on my first pair for a broken needle. I was thinking of taking another pair to work on during my trip, but the airlines have changed their rules and you can no longer take knitting needles over 31 inches long. The ones I use for my 2 at a time socks are 47 so I'm not taking any chances of having them taken away. I'm still waiting for the replacements for the ones I broke. The shipping is being tracked and according to the tracking they are in MY post office. They will probably show up right after I leave tomorrow. :c(
DS will be home from his summer job tomorrow and he has to head straight off to school. His classes started today so he is going to be a little late. He emailed his teachers to make sure he won't have any problem. He tends to be a little blase about those things so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't.
There's still time to sign up for my giveaway. I'll be getting back on Friday late, so I will draw on Saturday. I'm thinking a nice warm pair of socks might be a nice for my next green giveaway.

2 Comments:

Blogger floribunda said...

I haven't tried the two-at-a-time socks -- do you use Cat Bordhi's method or something else? I suffer from "second sock syndrome" so I'd love to learn how to do them together!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I have never knitted a pair of socks. I love all the pretty colors and designs that people are knitting up. Are the socks comfortable? Do they stay in place on one's legs? Your knitted socks are such a pretty color!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home