My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

i should be weaving

.... but I'm in Chicago taking a training class. This was supposed to be my beginning weaving class week, but I had to give it up to take a training class for work. :c(
No pictures today since I remembered my camera, but forgot the cord to transfer the pics.
I'm finally settled down after last weekend. I was flying out Sunday evening so I had so much to do before I could leave. We had to drive to our apartment, 1.5 hours away, because we rented it. Woo hoo! Went up, got the lease signed and handed over the keys. Hopefully these will be much better tenants. Since I was going anyway I put the binding on Jan's doll quilt and delivered that at the same time.
Did a stop at Marden's. A couple of fabrics took a ride in my cart for a while, but "no buy" won out. There will always be new fabrics I love and I have SO much. If you haven't noticed I'm not a speed demon when it comes to using them up.
I got all my Pay It Forward gifts packaged up and in the mail. As well as the round robin I am in. Look for them in your mailboxes sometime soon.
With laundry, packing, dinners for DH and a little housework I didn't have any time to myself. I arrived at the airport on time, but I have never seen it so full. Multiple cancelled, delayed flights because of weather. I was SO glad I had gotten the nonstop flight. People were making multiple backup connection plans just trying to get them to their destinations a day or 2 late. Ours was only about an hour late taking off. The flight that was supposed to leave before us was still sitting cancelled because of mechanical problems. I felt sort of guilty leaving since they had been waiting so long.
Every stop along the way was a zoo. At O'hare there was a line at least 200 people long waiting for help re-routing. At the rental car place there were lines of people hoping for a one way rental if their destination was close enough to drive. I ended up waiting in line to get out of the rental lot for about half an hour. All in all I feel my trip was much more smooth than most.

Stash report:
Nothing in, even with the Marden's trip!!!
I used an entire 1/8 a yard to bind the doll quilt. Like I said no speed demon here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Got my package today! Thanks! I love the dishcloth and the towel. Are the squares supposed to be used as hotpads or coasters? Yes, I am rather dense!

Thanks for the great goodies! Have a great weekend.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Followed a link from Joann over at Pieceful Quilters to find your site. The items you sent her are just so cute, and I am so envious of her tea coasters. Your trip sounds it required a lot of patience, but glad you made it ok. I enjoyed reading through some of your posts and just love that lavendar quilt in the post before this one. I will be checking by from time to time.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home