My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

it's working

I got my first nasty comment to my blog this week. A person with a "no-reply email" said we were tormenting Simba in this post. It was very annoying not being able to respond. I told DD and she laughed. Simba was having a really great time playing. DD named him Simba because even when he was a tiny puppy of about 2 pounds he would run up and play with dogs 3 times his size. When we were on Mt. Evans he wanted to go play with the mountain goats.
The moratorium on buying is going very well. I warded off an email sale at Gail Wilson Designs. She had gorgeous Civil War prints already on sale, an additional 15% off. There were 3 that I wanted. April on the other hand went to three separate Marden's this weekend and didn't buy one bit of fabric. I am very impressed.
Another low grocery shopping week. This week's bread is multi grain.
I also had a productive sewing weekend. I finally finished my Pay if Forward gifts from last year. I still have a couple of weeks before the year is up, but I really intended to get it done much, much sooner. I got all the blocks together for my friend's quilt. It just needs to be sewn horizontally. I also got Jan's quilt almost quilted.
Stash report:
Fabric purchases 0 yards.
Fabric used 1/4 yard. It felt like more, but progress made anyway.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I remember reading your blog entry that you refer to. I do not have any pets at this time but have had dogs in the past. I did not think you were harming your dog in any way. By the way, you have a very handsome dog!
I don't think I have heard of Gail Wilson Designs. I need to check it out. And I don't know what Marden's is. You did really good on not buying fabric.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.... I was so bad! I walked into a going out of business sale this weekend and I never even gave the pact a consideration! I completely lost my head! But it is back on and I am back on track!

Bloggers should follow the addage, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all! Your dog is very handsome :o)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Maybe it's the weather that's making some commenters a bit cranky *s*
Congrats on sticking to the no buy!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Sweet P said...

She went to Marden's and didn't buy fabric? Did you take her temperature to make sure she's OK? LOL! Great job on her part.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you are not taking that comment to heart and thats a good thing. I also had a bad comment this week, "somebody" said my sweet little Cleo looks stoopid! I had to laugh at the spelling of stupid.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

People can be so mean. Of course you weren't mistreating your dog. You were just playing with him. If she's gonna post something mean at least she can put her email address on it. I wouldn't worry about it she's not worth the time.

1:53 AM  
Blogger swooze said...

OK I have a funny "you are hurting the dog" story. Go look at my blog...see my quilting assistant? He is hard to handle on the leash so I went and bought him a head collar. I put it on him and he writhed around like he was fighting it. My kids went hysterical and started screaming at me that I was hurting him. I took the collar off and he ran back to me and stuck his face back into the collar as if to say....hey put that back on! Sigh...

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home