My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

sign of the times

I guess my life is going to get more hectic from now on. Due to the slow economy my work had to lay off 8 of our staff members last week. We are a small company so we all know each other and are sad seeing our friends leave. What this means is that those of us who are left now have even more responsibilities than we did. Time has become a premium for me and I'm not sure how any quilting is going to get done for a while.
I have been doing more knitting instead. I really like the idea of being done with a pair of socks all at once with no tension variation so I am learning toe up socks 2 at a time. I find knitting easier to do in small bits of time.
On a much happier note my friend Kingsley and his girlfriend had their baby last Friday. Mother and son are both doing fine. Here are Kingsley and Katie at the baby shower we had for them at work and here is baby Zion shortly after being born. They brought him into work today and I got to hold him. He is such a cutie and I have been so anxious for him to be born. I offered to be first in line to babysit. :cD

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

What does toe up socks 2 at a time mean? Sounds intriguing. I knit some but have never made socks.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home