My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, July 07, 2008

sunday stash report on monday

I'm a little late with my Sunday stash report, but I wanted to finish up the wrapping for my baby quilt for tomorrow. Nothing like last minute, but it's done and will be wrapped in a reusable tote bag instead of disposable wrapping paper.
I ended up taking your advice and not putting on a border. The only person who actually thought it should have one was DH and I think he was just trying to be funny. I told him that the vote was 6 to 0 for no border and he said "Well then. I think it needs one." He thinks he is so funny.
I backed it with a nice soft flannel and found a teal flannel that matched some of the detail in the purple fabric for binding. My friend April let me go to her house after work last Wednesday and quilt it on her long arm. Made the finishing much faster.
I didn't save as much as I would have liked with my "no buy" this week. DS was home for a few days before leaving today for his summer job. We had to get things that he needs for next school year as he won't be home from the job for long before he has to head back to school for the Fall Semester. I do still feel like I am ahead, just not as dramatically as I was before. :c/

Stash report for this week:
fabric in -- zero
fabric out -- 3 yards

5 Comments:

Blogger jodie said...

I have a DH like that too. Well done with your finish. The tote bag is a great idea.
Jodie

1:28 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Your baby quilt is beautiful! I love the binding fabric that you used on it. Adds the perfect zing!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love the new baby quilt, it's gorgeous and what a neat idea to have a reusable bag for wrapping.

10:08 AM  
Blogger mereth said...

The baby quilt looks so soft and pretty, well done. I've been thinking about using a calico bag for customers to take quilts home in, and then (hopefully) bring back the next top. Got to be Green these days!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

So pretty and the flannel backing will be nice and cozy.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home