My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

he's off

DS headed off on his school summer cruise only one year late. He was supposed to go last summer, but due to breaking his leg at football practice one week after arriving at school he couldn't go. He's pretty excited about going. They are going to cross the equator which qualifies him for a shellback. I guess they are have some sort of ceremony which involves ruining clothing. We had to bring him a set of old clothing that he can throw away. Hopefully he will make it the entire cruise without breaking anything.

Now for the stashbusting report --After our trip to DS college to bring him all of his last minute supplies I did manage to find some time to do some sewing. I didn't actually bust much stash since most of what I put together was already cut out. I ended up cutting about 1/2 yard, but on a much brighter note I have pieced all 72 blocks for the quilt I am making for one of my friends at work. :cD

2 Comments:

Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

Goodness what a big ship. How many are aboard on this venture?

5:32 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Ahh - an adventure of a lifetime *s*

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home