My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Friday, June 06, 2008

i broke my "no fabric buying" today

Not bad though. I am on vacation and when you are on vacation you have to get at least one memento. Today's excursion was to Golden, Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. Sorry, I wasn't allowed to take pictures. I was a little disappointed. There weren't many quilts there. I did like the reproduction display. I just wanted there to be more to it. I wish I needed more fabric. They had the Marcus Brothers Rocky Mountain III collection in the gift shop. I wanted the entire collection, but since I REALLY don't need fabric I settled for a single yard. Yesterday's trip was to the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder. It was fun to tour the factory and then buy teas you can't get everywhere. On the tour they talked about Fast Track which is their version of extra caffeine. DD decided she needed some of that. We got a few more new flavors including some coffee for DH. I didn't know Celestial Seasonings made coffee, but it smelled great.
We had more fun than the tour with what we did after we got home. DD's dog Simba is such a good boy. It was great fun playing with him and one of the hairnets we had to wear for the tour. DD would tell him to "sit" and put it on his head. Then she would say "wait" and he would sit with it on until she said "OK". He would then go crazy rolling around on the floor and pull it off. After he got it off he would give it back to play again. It was so funny I had to get out my camera and take pictures. We were laughing so hard. I guess we are all very easily amused. :cD

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing with the hair net is not funny. It was very unkind to put that thing on him, make him sit with this unknown mask on his face, and then let him try his best to take it off.

10:45 PM  
Blogger tami said...

canadian gail. No dogs were harmed or even bothered by the creating of this post. He is not a timid dog and was really loving the game. HE kept bringing it back to play again.
Believe me, that puppy is more important to my DD than anything else in the world and if he was unhappy at all she wouldn't have done it.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Our dog Suzi loves to play games like that!

The hairnet looks like it came off very easily. It has lots of holes to breath through too. If your DD and her dog had fun....good for them. If he didn't like it, he would have fought to keep it off, not keep bringing it back for more fun :)

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home