My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

did she or didn't she?


You guys were absolutely no help at all. I don't think you would be much good to me in my crafting ADD support group. I was looking for some words of wisdom. Some help with restraint. The only person who tried at all to dissuade me was DD who thought we should spend our money going to visit her instead of buying me a loom. I suppose it all has something to do with having to want to change.
Doesn't it look nice in my living room? I have been so excited all day. I got so many extras with it it was an excellent deal. "Every gadget you could want for weaving" according to the woman I bought it from. She is mildly afflicted with crafting ADD as well. She was very interested when I told her my first love was quilting. Quilting is something she has always wanted to learn. We chatted a bit about what was available for sewing machines and so on. I tried very hard to convert her, but it appears her restraint is much better than mine. She has moved on from weaving and gone back to stained glass. Lucky for me! :cD In addition to the loom I became the proud owner of 2 warping boards, a bench, 4 reeds, shuttles, bobbins, bobbin winder, warping hooks, a balance, books, magazines and even yarn. If I knew what I was doing I could sit down and weave tomorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

Tami I am so excited for you.
I think you did the right thing..sorry DD!
wow , now do you have someone who can teach you how to use this?
maybe you should swap quilting lessons for weaving lessons from the woman you bought it from! Keep us posted on your projects!
Kathie

3:39 AM  
Blogger Sweet P said...

I can't to see what you make first! Congrats on the new toy.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

But learning is part of the fun - enjoy *S*

1:39 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh it's as enticing as can be. I love to weave on a loom. Is somebody going to help you get your first piece hitched on to it :-) ? Are you going to make something modern or something reproduction-y?

2:49 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Oh, I am so jealous! Will be watching as you learn how to weave! Congrats!!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Woohoo....I can't wait to see your first project. How exciting for you....crafting ADD can be a good thing....lol

8:20 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Ooh - how lovely. I had a small loom when I was a child and loved it. This is something I could quite easily get into if I had the space. Will watch with interest to see what you make.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The loom is so cool! I wouldn't have been able to resist either. My friend's daughter makes beautiful things on hers and I may beg her to borrow it someday :o)

7:38 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I also started crafting early at home then really got into it in scouting too... it's amazing how the same paths lead us to the same addicted place. :D

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home