My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

it's not getting hot in here

We are going to need to replace our furnace soon and I am starting to research a more environmentally friendly method of heating. Does anyone have a geothermal heating system? Do you like it? All of my research so far makes it sound really good. Anyone out there with any experience with this type of heating I would love to hear from you.

7 Comments:

Blogger floribunda said...

we got a new gas furnace a couple of years ago. My DH was very interested in the geothermal concept, but we just don't have the space or enough cold weather to justify it! We do have solar electric panels though... (northern California!)

12:43 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I love the idea of those coils in the floor... but alas we are in a condo. complex that uses a boiler.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Saska said...

We installed a new heat pump (we're total electric) when we built the new house. The electrician and H&A guys said we wouldn't live long enough to justify the $$ of the geothermal! Must be terribly expensive.

2:13 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

My sister in NH has gone totally green - solar plus some other "gadgets." I think they decided geothermal wouldn't work for them because the rock base was too thick. and would make it too expensive.

Sio

3:45 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

Kim posted about their geothermal unit here: http://forcemajeurefarm.blogspot.com/search?q=geothermal.

It was a good investment for them.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Molly B said...

I found your blog a couple of night ago while surfing for quilting blogs. I just wanted to say that I love your site and your work is amazing. Best wishes for the spring. -Molly B

8:41 AM  
Blogger Nines said...

A good friend of mine has the geothermal heat and they love it!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home