My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

quiltathon??

I had wanted to do JudyL's quiltathon this weekend, but there is too much else to do. We went to the lumber yard this morning for DH to pick up the {{fingers crossed}} last pieces of trim for the apartment. He had some specialty pieces that he had to mill out so we stayed home where his tools are. While he was playing in his workshop I spent some time trying to find our house. We haven't been home for any length of time for over 6 weeks now and my house looked like someone had picked it up and shook it. It is slightly better now and I have a couple of meals made ahead for this week. We are going up tomorrow to put in the trim, touch up paint in some places and show potential renters.
Thank you for all your comments on geothermal heating. I have talked to a few people who have installed it and everyone seems really happy. I've done a lot of online research and it really looks like a great option. I have started looking for contractors to get system designs and estimates. I'm really excited about the possibility of getting off fossil fuel for heat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

*ugh* Where does all that dust come from? It is a never ending quest to keep it at bay around here *s*

10:49 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Good luck with maintaining two houses. I hope you manage to sneak in some quilting time here and there, even if you can't do a whole quiltathon.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home