My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

that's my story and i'm sticking to it....

Kim had a nice little post on Friday that really stirred me. Our economy is in pretty bad shape so I felt I should do my part to help out. :c) We had to travel near a Marden's and I felt we should stop and see what they had. They had Moda and Windham reproductions for $2.99 a yard. They hardly ever have those and with the economy needing help.... I ask, what would you do???
I did, however, feel so bad for giving in that I worked very hard to bust some stash and worked on this quilt. When exactly can you count stash busted? I have all the blocks completed and vertically sashed. I have over half of the top sewn together and all the sashing cut. It's hard to know how much to count. So here is the final tally for the month counting the cut fabric as busted --
13 yards purchased
10 1/2 yards busted.
I think I'm headed in the wrong direction. :*(

8 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

I can't wait till this spring when I get to visit Mardens!
I sure hope they have a lot of reproduction fabrics then!
You did the right thing!
sometimes you just need to buy a few fabrics.
Kathie

4:31 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Nah! Sounds like the RIGHT direction to me! ROFLOL!

10:19 AM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

But what a wonderful buy on those great fabrics. You did well!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

At those prices, I'd say you showed great restraint by leaving any fabric in the shop. Good job!

6:29 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

You did your duty for the economy, hard as it was...sigh, we all have to make these sacrifices for the national good. hehehe

Julie

5:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish we had a MardenĀ“s over here too so that I could make a sacrifice and help the economy! Take care.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I think your doing a great job. We have to back Kim on this one!! Keep it going. LOL!!!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Also a Marden's lover. I shop at one here in southern Maine. They certainly can't be beat for bargains!

Annie
: )

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home