My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

flat surface disease

I had to take a picture of my sewing room so Judy wouldn't feel alone in her covering of horizontal surfaces. We call it flat surface disease. This is what it looks like now, after I went out, cleared things off and cut for a couple of hours on my niece's quilt. Here is an EQ6 exported image of the quilt I am working on.
Stashbusting report... I probably would have gotten more done without having to clear surfaces to do anything. So far I have cut about 3 yards and started piecing the units for this quilt. I didn't buy any new fabric this week. So at least I am heading in the right direction. I also got some hand quilting done on the wall hanging I am making for Jan's shop. I should have finished it before Christmas, but I had so much to do it got put on hold.
Have I mentioned how much I love my EQ6?? I have had 5 for a number of years and 6 is so much better. My friend April got it for Christmas too and we have been having a great time emailing each other the projects we have been creating back and forth.

8 Comments:

Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

What a great project! Really love the colors.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

I am so glad to hear that there is a name for this affliction! I love the new quilt your are working on--very interesting 3D effect!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I've also heard it called Horizontally Surface Challenged

9:12 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I think we all suffer from this disease!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

ahh-so that's what it's called! Flat surface disease! Is there a cure? LOL I love your quilt design--I remember seeing that in a book somewhere thinking it's one I'd like to do. Don't ya just love EQ6? Makes it so easy to change colors, etc.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I won't even take a photo of my cutting table right now, it's in need of some clearing.

I LOVE EQ and I agree EQ6 is much better than EQ5, well worth the upgrade.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

love that quilt tami...are you doing it in brights?

Thanks for stopping by my blog...i hope you don't think i pieced all those quilts this weekend as well...i thought uh-oh...i need to clarify this post! LOL...the tops were done, had to piece backs, quilt them, make binding, and stitch the binding on. All postcard were done this weeknd as well!
laurie

9:04 PM  
Blogger Lori in South Dakota said...

flat surface disease--I love it!!

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home