My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

i just don't get it

I was rear ended AGAIN tonight on my way home. I'm fine. The lady who hit me is fine, but my CRV has a hanging muffler and a smashed rear end.
I don't understand. DH has been driving longer than I have and he has never been hit. Most people I know have never been in an accident or maybe just one, but including tonight I have been hit 4 times. 3 times I was rear ended and once I was hit by a woman taking off from a stop sign without seeing me. Insurance and police have deemed them all the fault of the other drivers, but why me? I have been over them all in my head and I can't think of a single thing I could have done differently. Tonight I saw her coming and even tried to get into the breakdown lane to avoid it, but no good. I must have done something to earn bad karma. THIS is why I hate driving.

7 Comments:

Blogger dot said...

Sometimes you just feel like you have a big taget on your back. I know just how you feel. I think accidents find me.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Drive faster! ROFLOL! Just teasing! I've been rear ended too, at a dead stop with a long line of cars ahead of me, also stopped. I think it's inattention and/or cell phones. Population growth. Who knows? But stuff happens--I hope you get your car fixed soon,a nd I'm glad you're okay!

1:13 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

I am sorry you got hit!! It is such an aggravation to deal with all the insurance mess and the body shops. I am glad you are Ok, though...

JulieQ

7:03 AM  
Blogger Howdy said...

Sorry this keeps happening to you and very glad you are OK!

But sweetie - turn around and pull the post-it-note that says "hit me" offa your back... some silly prankster must have put it there when you weren't looking!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

The important thing is that you are ok! Sorry to hear about the accident just the same, but so glad you are all right.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Glad you're ok...again! You need to jump up and down or something to break this cycle! DD had same thing...she bought a new car!

12:47 PM  
Blogger MARCIE said...

I hope you are OK. I know an accident can really shake you up. Take it easy and relax. I hate driving too.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home