My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

weekly stashbusting update


I didn't spend a lot of time sewing this week. I took a couple of days off from work and got serious about my Christmas shopping. Tuesday was a great day to shop. No traffic, the stores weren't crowded and I was in and out much faster than when we went last weekend. I still have more to do, but if I had to be done I could.
I didn't go near a fabric store or buy any fabric again this week :c) and here is pretty much the sum total of my fabric use. I made a few coasters similar to Tazzie's to use for gifts. They aren't all spoken for yet, but I used up the fabric I cut and this is what I ended up with.
I also spent quite a bit of time straightening fabric for a quilt for my niece. I'm not even going to try to finish it for Christmas, but as I was trying to decide what to get her, this quilt came into my head. Not sure when I will finish it, maybe for next Christmas.

3 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

the coasters look great!
Glad you got your christmas shopping done and you had a few days off.
What pattern did you decide for your nieces quilt?
Kathie

5:22 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

One day of shopping is in my future . . . but it should be easily accomplished *s* What fun coasters - they would make great gifts, too . . . next year. . .

10:25 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Great idea with the coasters. You have gifts ready at a moment's notice!

Merry Christmas!

JulieQ

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home