My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

my christmas cube


The Christmas festivities came to an end at work on Friday. We had a company lunch of Mexican food (not very Christmasy, but good). Then we had awards for best decorated cubes. I WON!! I got a gift card to a movie theater for most creative. My former boss was very intrigued by my "Charlie Brown" tree. I had to explain to him about antique feather trees and that I didn't just make it up. DH made me the little picket fence a number of years ago and cut tiny blocks of wood that I have wrapped in tissue paper tied with jute for packages under the tree. He has always been very handy to have around. I think it up and he can usually manage to figure out how to make it for me.
Notice my finished snowman wall hanging. I took it right in to work to hang up and never did post it completed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Cute cubicle. I see why you won!! I love your picket fence. I'm gonna get my hubs to make me one.

1:48 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

The snowman wallhanging came out so nice.
Love the tree and the fence!
How lucky you are to have a DH that can build things!
congrats on winning the best cube!
LOL
Kathie

5:53 AM  
Blogger keslyn said...

Well done, your work area looks great, enjoy the movies and have a great Christmas.
Merry Christmas
Kerry

6:17 AM  
Blogger CONNIE W said...

It all looks so festive and cute, no wonder you were the winner. Merry Christmas to you. CW

8:44 AM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Cute display...congrats on the win...enjoy the movies!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Easy to see why you were chosen as the winner . . . great little wall hangings *s*

8:01 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Congratulations on winning the prize. The wall hanging looks great!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home