My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

stashbusting update

I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on stashbusting this holiday. I was pretty much on the run since I left work on Wednesday.
I am really sorry for everyone who had a bad experience on Black Friday, but I had a great shopping day. There were a couple of things I wanted from Best Buy including a gift for myself of iPod speakers. I set my alarm for 4 to get up and be there by 5. When it went off I decided that I didn't need iPod speakers that badly and nothing else couldn't be found later. When I did get up, DH convinced me that since the sale didn't end until noon I could still go and see how things were. If it was horrible I could just come home. I got there around 9, found my speakers and a couple of little things for my children and was out in 25 minutes. It went so well I decided to go get more shopping done. A friend and I organize an adopt a family every year at our office. Some people buy gifts from the list, but there are a lot of people in our office who would rather just donate money and have us do the shopping. I had a list of things that we still needed for the family and I was able to get all but one thing and made it home by 1 for lunch. This really does have something to do with stashbusting. I skipped going to the Joann's doorbuster sale which has been the only other Black Friday event I have ever been to. I didn't buy a single piece of fabric all weekend long.
I made this wall hanging this weekend completely from stash. It didn't use much fabric, but I didn't buy any for it either.
I also started a Christmas gift from stash. I can't show a picture and ruin the surprise. Not much used there either, but every little bit helps. :cD

8 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Your wall hanging is so cute! :) You're right -- every little bit helps and it adds up over time to help make a big dent in the stash.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Love that little wallhanging . . . which reminds me, I think I have that pattern floating around here somewhere *s*

8:05 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love that little snowman looking all dapper with surrounding plaids, well done!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Juliann in WA said...

Love your little snow guy and the bird from the previous post is lovely.

9:16 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I like that! He's kinda anorexic looking, but it's nice - he needs to be skinny around all those plaids... lol

And it's going to look great when you get the tree and his arms on. :)

10:44 PM  
Blogger bingo~bonnie said...

That has to be a snow WOMAN in your wall hanging b/c i have never seen a snowman that skinny before! ;) Love the scrappy plaids. Did you applique the small squares on point over top b/c the strips all match up so well! ~bonnie

3:16 PM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

Your snowman is coming along so nicely. I love how you did the 4 corner triangles in the center, I didn't do that in mine.
this is one of my favorite wall-hangings I have made.
don't you just love those plaids!
Can't wait to see yours done.
Kathie

7:50 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Oooh! I really like your snowman quilt! Merry Christmas!

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home