My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, December 03, 2007

too busy for stashbusting

I didn't really get any stashbusting done last week because I was way to busy to sew.
Our office decided to do something different this year for a Christmas celebration. The 4 project teams were each put in charge of a week of activities consisting of anything, but spending only $300 total. Last week was our team. My friend Bonnie and I were in charge of planning. We packed our week FULL. Every day I had something to make, bring or do. We started out Monday with tree decorating, cookies and mulled cider. Tuesday was a Holiday Pictionary tournament and a kids crafting party after work. Wednesday, cookie/recipe swap and bike building contest for our adopted family so we could save assembly fees. Thursday a pot luck lunch and Thursday and Friday we wrapped the presents for our family.
Every day we had a treasure hunt. We were out late Wednesday night finishing up the shopping for the family and I had to finish my Secret Santa Swap present to get it into the mail this weekend. Let me tell you, by Friday I was all clued out , baked out and so exhausted I couldn't think straight.
So the only stashbusting I did was the backing to my little snowman wall hanging and what I used to finish my Secret Santa Swap gift. I also bought fabric. I wanted to make a covered journal for my friend Bonnie for her Secret Santa Stocking (we also hung stockings at work for Secret gift giving). She likes Disney and don't have any novelty fabrics. I bought the minimum I could and still cover the journal and I have already used it. Does that count??

10 Comments:

Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

Whew, I'd be happy with just getting the bikes together. I'm tired just reading about it. Hope you can get a nap in after this.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Juliann in WA said...

What a great work idea. Lots of time and energy but hopefully folks felt the Christmas spirit.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

What a great story, thank you for sharing! Excellent way of sharing the beauty of the season.

Happy Quilting!
Teri

6:34 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Very neat!! I think that counts!!!! What a worthy thing to do.

JulieQ

9:16 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

What a fun way to get things together and get lots of help in doing it. You did a great job in organizing it.

And of course a fabric purchase doesn't count as stash building if you use it right away. It's completely legitimate to buy fabric if you are going to use it right away.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

What a fun office you work in!! I like the bike building contest, great idea!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

what a nice way to have office staff work together! Love the mickey fabric too!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW!! I'm pooped just reading all about your week!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope this week is a bit more mellow for you.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Holy cow, woman! I bet you at least sleep well......

9:48 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

What a great week of fun in the office. You sure went to a lot of work and provided a lot of enjoyment for everyone. Great ideas - especially the adopted family one :)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home