My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

goals not met

Well it's been more than a week and I haven't worked on my HAD quilt at all. It's all DS's fault. :-D He came home from his summer job last Wednesday and we are trying to get him ready to go back to school. There were a lot of things that had to be taken care of that he needed to be here to do. Lets hope he doesn't break anything this year. At least not until after RPT.
My dad has been so anxious for DS to come home. He hadn't seen him much lately and wanted to get together. We had lunch and then went to see the visiting Liberty Ship. DH, DS and my dad all wanted to tour it. Frankly it wasn't high on my list of fun things to do on a Sunday so I came prepared. It was an absolutely gorgeous day so I brought a book, my iPod and a knitting project. I sat on the pier and entertained myself. Notice I said A knitting project instead of MY knitting. That's because I have the same problem with knitting as I do with quilting. I can't seem to finish anything. I'm thinking maybe I should do a pictorial inventory of my UFO's like Judy did. Could be I could shame myself into getting something completed. I think I'll give it a try. Look forward to a long UFO post......

6 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

A pictorial inventory . . . *sigh* that would just take another chunk of time away from actually working on anything *s* I'll just keep pluggin' away.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Just enjoy whatever you decide to work on - we should try to stop beating ourselves up. :-)

I hope your son has a better start to the school year. :-)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I didn't know a Liberty ship was in Maine! My Little Boy loves the story of the SS James Longstreet, which was used as target practice in the Cape Cod Bay - I will print off the photo and show him this ship - he will be thrilled!

Keep plugging away on your projects - sooner or later you will finish some!

Cheers!

Evelyn

12:16 PM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

I gave up knitting for precisely that reason. I decided I never finished anything because I didn't really feel that I had the finishing skills and I didn't want to wreck a nice project. So now I'm happy just quilting, except I do miss having a fun hand project like that when one needs to sit on a pier and wait for the men.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I think you have your priorities right on - spend time with your family while they are around. The quilting and the knitting can wait, and can fit in around your life, rather than trying to make your life fit in around it.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I think your son is about the same age as mine. What a great picture of him with his guitar. Mine plays the guitar too :-)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home