My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

doll quilts in my future

I've decided I really like doll sized quilts. They go together so fast. It's all ready to be marked, sandwiched and quilted. Anyone have any ideas for a quilting motif to put in the setting squares?
I think I got my quilting mojo back. :-D All week long I was so anxious to get home from work and sew. The only problem is I want to work on new projects instead of finishing up what I have half done. I think that maybe I should finish putting together that HAD leaf quilt. I only have about 5 squares left to assemble and then I can finish the top. It won't take me long once I get going. I think that will be my goal for this week. Wish me luck.

14 Comments:

Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love the doll quilt - can't wait to see if finished.

Good luck finishing up your QFAH top. I'm working on July's and hope to get mine to the finished top stage within a couple weeks.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I want to make some small ones, but just haven't had a chance. Once I get some UFO's done I want to do a few doll sized ones for my living room wall. I like the one you've done!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Rose Marie said...

This is a sweet quilt and perfect for a wall hanging. Looking forward to see it all done. Will you put on a border or leave it as is?

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making these little quilts is so much fun. I love the antique feel of your little quilt with the gold background squares.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I love the doll quilt - especially the fabric you selected for the setting squares. I agree that the little ones may be the way to go - you get to make lots of patterns that way - even though they aren't as useful when they are finished.

I too have trouble continuing to work on the already started quilts. There is just so much quilty inspiration that makes you want to do something new.

I think you should be able to put together some of the HAD quilt - just intersperce it between the quilts you want to work on, or let the quilts you want to work on be the reward for working on the HAD quilt.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Love your little doll quilt! How about some Baptist fan quilting in it? That's my favorite design right now.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, what a great little quilt. I really love the gold/yellow fabric. It makes everything blend together beautifully.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

What a marvelous little doll quilt. Very antique looking, which I adore in a doll quilt. I'd quilt it in keeping with the antique look. Maybe Baptist Fans? Or a simple crosshatch created by stitching in the ditch on the pieced blocks and just carrying straight through the plain blocks. The gold color of the alternate squares is perfect.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Beertje Zonn said...

What a beautiful doll quilt!
Kind Regards,

Sonnja

10:43 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Beautiful quilt! I know how tempting it is to start new projects before the old ones are done. You just get so excited about a new idea and want to get started on it. Good luck!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Laila said...

Hi. I just found your blog and think it looks great. I love making miniature and doll quilts. Your quilt are just beautiful.

6:06 PM  
Blogger MARCIE said...

I love the doll quilts too. It allows us to make more quilts, just smaller! But now what to do with such a big stash? :p

2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't made a mini (doll quilt). Yours is wonderful-great colors. Will you use it for a wall hanging? a table runner?

9:02 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Looks just wonderful!! Perfect colors...love the cheddar!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home