My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

impatience


Here is the doll quilt April and I started on our weekend at home retreat. I finished my blocks tonight. I couldn't wait until it was put together to post it. I'm so happy with it so far. I have to cut the setting triangles for the outer edge and then get it put together. I'm going to hand quilt it. Goodness knows how long that is going to take me.
Pay no attention to the hour a day quilt from LAST OCTOBER on my design wall. I was going so well on it and I just stalled. It's been on my wall ever since hoping I will get back to it. I am going to finish it ....some day. I promise.

8 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

The Bright side is that doll quilts do not take that long to quilt. Is this one going to have a border or borders? Nice fabric selection. It is so cute.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

What a fantastic little quilt, Tami!!! It looks so 'vintage'...great job! I love it!! Can't wait to see it 'done done'. :>

8:28 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

A doll quilt doesn't take too long to hand quilt at all . . . the reasons for making doll quilts get better and better all the time *s* Love that setting fabric.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Nice choice of fabrics - and I love your setting fabric too ! Who will finish first - you or April ?
It will be a nice size to hand quilt !

6:31 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

What a cute little quilt. The cheddar makes it sparkle :-)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Love the fabrics in your doll quilt too! I can see myself trying out a lot of patterns with doll/wall quilts now that I have the bug!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Simonetta said...

Wow!!!Tami, it is a very beautiful quilt,compliments :)))

7:49 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love the quilt. It would be gorgeous full-size, too!

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home