My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Friday, July 20, 2007

where in the world is....

We have taken off on a little trip. DD was supposed to come home for a visit after the competition, but couldn't get away before the ballet starts up again on July 24th so we decided to come visit her. DH had never been to Denver and I didn't get a chance to do much the last time I came. So here we are.
First, I have to start with the flight. After my last couple of horrible flights and all of the horror stories lately on blogs, from friends and DD on her trip to NYC, I was sure we were not going to have a smooth flight. For the last week or so it has been the part of the trip I had been dreading. I decided to plan for the worst to reduce the stress. I packed my backpack with filling nutritious snacks in case we were stranded with closed restaurants. I checked everything that could even remotely be considered contraband figuring if we lost luggage buying new toiletries would be worth more than the security hassle. I filled a small carry on roller bag with 2 changes of clothes, jammies, jackets and an extra book each. I wore slip on shoes and comfortable clothing. Everything went great! We arrived at Dulles right on time. DH and I ended up with an empty seat between us on our connection and we pushed back right on time. As I leaned over to DH to gloat the captain interrupted me to say that we were going to have to stop there and shut down the engines. That stopped my gloating in no time. :- In the end we only had to wait for half an hour and they made up time in the air so we arrived here in Denver 5 minutes late, with all of our luggage having watched a movie and read a good portion of our books. Not bad.
We had a late flight getting in at 11:30 pm. DD had asked if we would want to go right to the hotel and go to bed. When I said we would she said she would have to bring Simba to meet DH at the airport because waiting until the next day would not be soon enough. :-D He has gotten so big since I was here last October, but he is still a cutie.
We went on a trip to Boulder today. Here is a picture of Simba as we are asking him if he wants to go to Boulder. He is so funny. When you talk to him he always tilts his head like this so I just had to get a picture. We had a nice stroll downtown, bought Simba a new doggie toy (isn't that what grandparents are for?) and took some mountain pictures. I have decided that it is human nature to like what you don't have because I grew up where most people would kill to live, right on the water. From my parent's deck it is only about 20 feet to the ocean. While I admit that is beautiful, I prefer mountains.
We haven't hit any quilt shops yet, but they are on the agenda. I am also planning on going here. Neither DD or DH have any desire to go so we have been trying to figure out a way so that they can drop me and go do something else. We also are planning Red Rocks and a day in Colorado Springs. DD has a ballet class every day except Sunday and Monday until around noon so that severely cuts down our tourist time. We'll see how the week develops. More to follow...

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

At least you were prepared if your trip didn't go smoothly ! That dog is beautiful. I used to have a black labrador that did the same thing when you spoke to him. Enjoy your holiday and make sure you find those quilt shops !

4:03 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Envying you being in CO! Our DS went to school there and we always enjoyed our visits. His Lab, Leah, also tilts her head when you talk to here - and he got her Boulder! Enjoy.............

4:51 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Tami - enjoy every minute with your DD and Simba!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hope you are having a marvelous time! It's probably a bit cooler there than a lot of places in the country right now. That is a great picture of Simba. Mountains are about my favorite, too.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Sounds like wonderful fun!

9:33 AM  
Blogger mereth said...

You're right, what a cutie!And I buy presents for my son's dogs, getting ready for the grandkids I suppose.
You guaranteed a good flight by being prepared, you'll have to do it every time now.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I hope you are having a great trip Tami, and you get a chance to do lots of quilty things while you are in Colorado.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Glad the flight was good - I'm heading to San Diego on Friday and I'm praying I've met my bad flight quota for the year!

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home