My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

anyone live in nyc?

I had an eventful afternoon yesterday. I was sitting at my desk working when a text message comes through from DD. She is currently in NYC competing in an international ballet competition. It says simply "hey get new york times me and dance partner have a sweet pic in the arts section." So being a proud mama who has spent the better part of 13 years sitting in dance studios and is looking for some form of payback in the form of a "sweet pic" from the paper set out to see what can be found. A search of the New York Times reveals nothing searching on his name, her name and the name of the competition. Text her back and ask "Today's paper?" Another message back "no yesterday". More searching. Nothing. Figuring maybe it is only in the print paper I call DH and tell him to go to bookstores to see if he can find a copy. I send a plea out to all of my fellow workers to see if anyone subscribes. It being a software company most only subscribe through the web and have access to what I do online. Someone suggests going to the Library. Now why didn't I think of that?? Take a quick walk to the Library to check and learn that in Maine we get the New England edition not what is distributed in the city and the pic was nowhere to be seen in their copy. Bummer. So I go back to my desk and do a Google search on the competition and find an article in the New York SUN from the 18th, but no picture of them. I call DD and leave a message "Are you sure it is the New York Times??? I found an article in the New York Sun. " Text back "it is n y sun.. sorry. can you get that?" Arrrgh! Needless to say after hours looking I have learned some things. 1. My coworkers are great and were all ready to jump right in to help out. 2. The New York Times has a separate edition for those of us in the great north east. 3. Nowhere in Maine carries the New York Sun AND lastly, 4. DD is a creative soul and really doesn't pay much attention to detail.
Now for my plea. Does anyone live in the NYC area and receive the New York Sun??? It is attached to this article. I would still like my payback picture. :-D

4 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

My husband is a recovering New Yorker - he even went to the Fame school (French Horn)... I'll have him ask around. (I am not sure which paper his mom reads...) Please reply, so that if I can get a copy I know who to send it to - I am up to about 200 blogs...

6:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

New York Times or New York Sun what is the difference? Just the last word LOL

8:59 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

How about e-mailing the paper and seeing if they can help you out or point you in some direction?

11:49 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Is she in the picture?

Very cool!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home