My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

at home retreat

Now that my sewing room is all organized I had to christen it with a fun sewing day with my good friend April. April and I met a few years ago after she and her husband moved to Maine. Her husband and I work together and before I met her he always said how well we would get along because we have so much in common. He was so right. April and I talk pretty much every day, but because of a huge house remodel they were doing and everything going on around here she had never gotten over to see my new house. We had so much fun on Saturday. I got started on my Jo Morton sample for Jan's shop and she worked on some UFO's. (We also did a little shopping too, but we won't mention that.) I hope to get my sample finished this week.
I figured out how to get pictures of my kitties with my new digital camera. :-) I do laundry. They love warm clothes fresh from the dryer. They come running and lay on the piles while we are folding. Sometimes they will even burrow between the individual pieces of clothing. We generally end up having to refold at least some every load.

13 Comments:

Blogger kelley said...

The block is wonderful...that perfect antique look...but the cats, they are too wonderful hanging on to their warm clothes...thanks for the heartwarming picture!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

At home retreats are such fun - and there's no packing or piles of laundry to bring home *s*

9:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It seemed you had a day off well spent. Sure the inspiration will be flowing again with such a lot of free space. The block looks lovely and I undestand the cats very well. I could do just the same! Take care.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

They are getting so big. I envy your fun day of sewing at home!

4:20 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Oh, what a wonderful day. Sewing, friendship, shopping. Now if there were chocolate involved, perfection.

11:48 PM  
Blogger KC Quilter said...

Oooh, I love your Jo Morton block! She's a favorite of mine. And the kitties are GORGEOUS! Bet they are helpful in the sewing room.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I'm glad you found an enjoyable way to celebrate having a clean sewing area. If you are anything like me, I'd have messed it all up again by the celebrating.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Karen (Misiz C) said...

There is just something about a uncluttered and organized area to spark creativity. Love your block and your furry helpers. =)

1:05 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

A new quilter the other day asked me how many types of basket blocks there were?! What a major piece of quilting trivia that would be! Really like your basket block - lovely fabrics.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Pippi is the same as your two furbabies--doesn't matter if the clothes are just heaped either. She will lay on warm undies for hours, LOL.

Glad that you had a good time sewing with your friend. Pretty block!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Great block! Sounds like a lovely, enjoyable day with April. Your cats are too funny!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

My cats know the sound of the dryer opening and they jump right in and sit as I pull out the clothes and fold them!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Love your bag! I keep buying bag patterns but never make one.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home