My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, July 02, 2007

productive weekend

I think I have gotten partly back on at least some sort of track. It has been so hard lately. This past weekend I forced myself to do some of the things I wanted to get done and I didn't worry that I didn't get everything done. (I have perfection issues.) Baby steps.
I have signed up to teach a hand applique class at my friend Jan's QS. I finished up this table runner using 3 different methods for hand applique that I am going to teach. It's from Journey's by Whimsicals. This will be sent off to Jan tomorrow to get quilted. She has a nice long arm in the shop and does a beautiful job.
I also spent some time painting. Our house is old and came with the customary closet space associated with a house of this age. Our bedroom has a closet the size of a front hall coat closet. DH has been building a walk-in off our bedroom into the barn. He had it ready for paint this weekend and we got that done. He is taking this week off and put cedar lining up today. It smells great. I'm going to be so happy to be able to take care of things we still have in boxes.
Thanks for all of your comments on DD. I, of course, think she is the best dancer ever. She didn't end up winning anything at the competition, but it was still a good experience. I still don't have a copy of the newspaper picture, but she is supposed to be making a copy for me and sending it when she gets a chance.

9 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

That is a cute runner! I think I have that book, I'll have to go check and see. :D

8:53 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Your runner looks great - it will be a fun project to teach . . . and you'll have a nice, new fall piece already done when September gets here *s*

4:42 PM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Love the table runner. I have been making quite a lot of them lately so I'm going to have to check out these patterns.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That's a good philosophy to have, and I have to keep reminding myself also, that progress of any kind is progress. So many times I just want something to be finished and I stop enjoying the process.
That's a nice table runner, and with more closet space, you'll have more room for fabric!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Carole said...

Beautiful table runner. I love your choice of fabric! I just love Whimsicals creations. I'm still waiting to start a wall hanging from her Companions book. I'll have to check out Journey's. Thanks for sharing.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a great table runner! That will look lovely on anyone's table.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

What a lovely table runner :-)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Your applique is beautiful! I wish I could sign up for your class and learn your hand applique methods!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Beertje Zonn said...

I love your table runner, beautiful!
Regards,

Sonnja from the Netherlands

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home