My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Friday, June 22, 2007

she made it to round II

DD passed through round 1 of her competition! :-D She will be doing 2 contemporary pieces tonight and hopefully pass through to the final classical round tomorrow. I am so happy for her, but it has been bittersweet. My mother was so proud of DD and her dancing. When DD called today the first thing I wanted to do was call and tell my mother.
I didn't get the picture from the paper yet (I haven't given up). I emailed the New York Sun hoping they would take pity on a mother far away, but no response. I did, however, receive this in my email today from DD. While she has been at the competition a photographer chose a few of the dancers to model for some pictures. Some are going to be used for dance articles, but she took a lot of extras in a number of different poses and is creating a portfolio for each dancer.

19 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Congrats -- she's beautiful...No matter the outcome... she's definitely a winner...

3:40 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Oh My Goodness you must be so proud. She's so lovely! thanks so much for stopping by my blog and the Pavlova was named for a famous ballerina! Doesn't matter though-I would have pigged out if it was named Carl.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations to your DD on her advancement to the next level! She is a beauty! I hope that you can track down get the picture for the NY Sun...

5:49 PM  
Blogger Sweet P said...

Your DD is beautiful and she is stunning in that pose. Sorry I can't be of any help on the photo. I live in New England too, Dover, NH that is.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Congratulations! How wonderful for her. She sure looks like a beautiful and graceful dancer in that picture. I hope you can get that newspaper article :))

12:57 AM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

OMG, are you sure that wasn't photoshopped? I can't imagine having that dexterity!

She's so muscular, yet graceful, I'm totally WOWed.

Good luck tracking down your article, she's a beauty.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Hooray for DD, best wishes for the final rounds!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Your daughter is beautiful, and I'm so jealous that she can hold that pose! =) How wonderful that she will have a portfolio. Congratulations, and fingers crossed!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

People can actually BEND that way? Wow! LOL! Oh to be that young! Beautiful photo! Beautiful girl!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Great effort, you deserve to be proud-oh for that flexibility! Tracey

5:57 AM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Ohhh my word, she is soooo flexible! Congratulations on her good fortune and hard work. I wish I could be so flexible ... if I tried that you'd hear my hips snapping across the country!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Congratulations to your beautiful DD - I hope she reaps lots and lots of success!

9:38 AM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

What an amazing pose. I didn't know bodies could do that. You must be incredibly proud to have such an artistic daughter. I'm a parent, so believe me I know this is a silly question, but didn't your daughter get a copy of the paper?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Malagueta said...

Goodness--what an extraordinary extension! You are justifiably proud and best of luck to her in her career!

7:24 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Your daughter is beautiful and talented! Congrats to you both. And best wishes for the rest of the competition.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Congrats on your daughter's achievements. I hope at least your DD has the article that she can bring back with her.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Thanks for visitng my blog. That picture of your DD is incredible-I've never been that flexible ever! We'll be heading for mid coast Maine in a couple of weeks for vacation.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

Wowowowow!! She's gorgeous! My daughter danced ballet for a few years. I was so proud and loved watching her dance. She didn't take it on as a serious life goal so never got to the point of serious competition, etc.... but she was so pretty at it and could bend in amazing ways (never THIS much, though). I am soooo impressed. I absolutely love ballet.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

She's absolutly stunning, congrats on making it to the next level.
I hope you can find the article.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home