My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, December 04, 2006

and the verdict is.....

We have finally named our kittens. Thank you to all who offered suggestions. After living with them for a week, conferring with both of our children, and checking cat name websites we have settled on Dusky and Misty. It was a close run with Licorice and Ginger, but DH thought Licorice would be too hard to use when calling. It would probably end up shortened to Licky or something.
I know I said I wouldn't be annoying and post loads of kitty pictures, but I can't post projects. Everything I am working on is a Christmas present and I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises. Besides a number of you commented that you wouldn't mind more pictures.... :o)
Here is Dusky with his "precious". DS nicknamed it that after what Gollum calls the ring in the Lord of the Rings, because every time Dusky has it he will growl at Misty whenever she walks by. She isn't even particularly interested in it, but he acts like she is trying to take it from him. It doesn't seem like an angry growl and he doesn't even swat at her if she does try to take it. It's almost like he is just teasing her to come and play. It's so funny. The ball is a simple sparkly cat toy. No catnip or anything. Go figure.
Like any good parent I have to give equal post to my little girl. Here is Misty with her favorite toy. It's just a piece of ribbon I had left over from something that I thought would entertain them for a little while. She will take one end in her mouth and back up towing it all over the house. Periodically she will hop backwards like a bunny for no apparent reason. Dusky will also get in on the action by chasing along as she tows it. Sorry this picture isn't better, but they both move so fast I am lucky to get any pictures of them.
Lastly, I just have to post this one just because they are so darned cute.
Sunday afternoon play time while daddy watches football. :oD

It took me 6 tries to get this post published. It would disappear on me when I would try. I finally had to type it in in stages saving as a draft along the way. I think I have a little problem with tenacity since I should have been in bed hours ago, but I didn't want to give up. :c/

12 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

They are awfully cute. Now you need to get a laser light and watch them go nuts trying to catch it. =)

2:13 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Your determination paid off -- the pictures are too cute. That's a lot of entertainment packed into two little kitties *s*

7:05 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

No problem with posting such cute pictures! Kittens are so much fun! You have two very precious balls of fur there - they will provide you will constant entertainment.

8:45 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

great names for such cute fur balls.... They're so fun to watch while young and playful..

1:14 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I know that exact growl...low and warning but not threatening. My cats grwol when they hear the dumpster coming..or any large truck!

I don't mind kitty pictures at all! They are still precious. You are right that they will get called any and all sorts of things. Noodle gets called Poodle, doodle, kittles. Pixel gets Pixie alot along with all sorts of names.

5:43 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Aww that fakey growl sounds so familiar. (In our house it usually means, "Mom, he's looking at me." or the like!)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Your persistence paid off. Good job! I've been fighting with blogger for a few days too - haven't been able to load a single photo.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

The pictures are so sweet! Please post more as you get them. I love to watch kittens play and have lots of pictures of my own to prove it. :-)

2:38 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, wonderful photos. Post more, kittens are just too darling.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

they're adorable! congrats on your new family members!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those kittens are far too cute!!

11:35 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Awwww... :)

I especially like the one with the gray blur. And nice scratching post! I'm in the middle of making a new scratcher for my too, and am even thinking about some quilted platform covers, removable and washable, velcro, maybe?

*still thinking*

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home