My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

beta blogger is not my friend

I was having trouble getting into my blog on Monday night so I thought it must be time to convert to Beta Blogger. What was I thinking???? BIG mistake. I didn't have anywhere near as much trouble as Judy did when she converted hers, but I had everything going so well and now it isn't.
When I converted it created a number of anonymous comments from comments that used to have links to their senders. Very annoying. Luckily, I have the comments emailed to me so I still know who posted them. The biggest problem I am having though is that every comment that I have gotten since the conversion is sent to my email with no-reply so I can't reply. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? I'm going to go through the newsgroup this weekend and see if I can find a fix.
I think this should have been Alpha. Beta should be much more stable before it's put out for the masses. Hopefully, they will get their act together and fix some of these issues.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I have the same problems. (YUOu might be able to see my e-mail because I am a beta blogger - I still do not see all of the e-mails from beta bloggers.) I am conviced that the e-mail snafu is bloggers way of "making" poeple switch. I.E. you complaint about hte no-reply may make other people switch so that you can see their e-mail again.

My "solution" was to add the e-mail addresses to my address book in my e-mail, so when blogger A comments, I click reply, cut the no-reply and insert blogger A's e-mail address.

Another go around, is to click on the highlighted name which will bring you to the "complete profile" and their e-mail address.

Not hard, but tedious. (Too much trouble for some - but if someone went through the effort of leaving a comment...)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

I will not switch before the blogger is not beta anymore. Beta is a test version always. Good luck - I hope they fix the flaws fast !

9:35 AM  
Blogger Leah Spencer said...

And I won't switch either... seen too many burps with the Beta. I wonder if I should start including my email address with my postings...

2:00 PM  
Blogger Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Very dumb question from a fairly new blogger-how do I get to see comments thru' my email? I have to keep checking the site all the time and it's sucking up time and I'm missing some?

4:00 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I'm with Hanna. Beta means TEST...and me no likey test versions!! No switching until they formally say switch or no blog for you! Then I might switch. All the beta version people come up a non-reply, it must be a hitch but no fixes yet.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home