My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, November 20, 2006

my new babies

We have a couple of new additions to our family. We got them from the shelter yesterday. Aren't they cute? We don't like the names the shelter gave them so they don't have names yet. Anyone have any ideas? The little gray, buff and white one is a girl. She's outgoing and playful. She doesn't sit still too much and scampers all around. The gray one is a boy and has a little silver right around his mouth and on his paws. He's playful and very lovey. He likes to sit on laps and I have been having trouble typing because he keeps crawling up into my lap with my laptop. We have been trying to think of a bear name for him because he rears up on his hind legs and bats at his sister. They are both so sweet. Any name ideas would be appreciated.

P.S. I promise not to be one of those people who shows pictures of their kitties all the time, but this was just too cute to pass up. We lit the cookstove tonight and when I went looking for them look what I found on the shelf under my shaker work table.

21 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I had to immediately email thes pics to my husband as he LOVES cats! I asked him to think of good names too! They are so pretty, even the boy! Aren't they precious when they are super small like that. Boys tend to be babies more than the girls. My only girl was aloof. My 2 boys now are total babies for mommy!

3:39 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

They are beautiful! Names are so tough. I used to use composers names for my animals but have moved onto using characters from Shakespeare. Maybe you could call him bear in another language?

4:12 AM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

Our furry friends were alphabetical. Amy, Buddy, Brandy, Bandit and Chester. We kind of got stuck on the 'b's for a while. Cute, cute kitties.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

The little grey 'bear' has go to be either Smokey or Yogi. And he shouldn't beat up on little Gidget like that!:-)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Very cute kittens :-) Promise to show photos every now and then.

9:06 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

They are ADORABLE!

My first thought was "HI-HO" and "SILVER".

I am not responsible....they just popped into my head, can you hear yourself calling, "Hi-HO...Silver!"

Yes...I'm nuts, or overtired, lol.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Love those kittens! So jealous! :)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Ohhh, they are cute little kitties, gosh I'd love to have some to call my own. Our cat is older and very aloof. I'll think on the names and let you know if I come up with any good ones. I always come up with the boring generic ones ...
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

6:11 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

they are very cute little kittens. I'm sure you'll be inspired and find just the right names....

6:57 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

OH they're sooooo sweet! And don't you know it's a rule that if you have cute cats you HAVE to post pictures often? (Is so a rule! I just made it up. LOL!)

As for names you don't want to look at me. I once named a trio tic, tac, and toe cause I was plumb out of ideas.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Your new kitties are so cute! Oso is Spanish for bear, if that helps.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I have a dog, but I love pet pictures. They are part of you. great kitties.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Adorable kitties! Kittens are so cute, I almost tried to bring one home with me this week, it was so cute I almost forgot I'm allergic....almost. If I come up with a name, I'll get back to you.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Shelter babies are just the best.

7:51 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I liberated my female cat from the shelter the day before the 4th of July, so I named her Liberty, but call her Libby, mostly. When I got Toby, I was asking for names on a cat message board and the name I ALMOST picked was Monty. They said if I had a Libby, (canned veggies brand) that I should also have a Del Monte.

Have you googled 'list of cat names' and seen what's there? Or bear types? I know there are Kodiak bears... and Grizzlies... you might find something good with either of those searches.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

They are adorable--like little gray puffs but what a cliched name for a cat.

LOL, I know people who used their favorite names for their dogs and when they finally had kids, had to come up with something else. I thought it was pretty odd to have a dog named Brittany and forgot the other one's name.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Very cute kitties! I especially love the little calico one. Whether you have dogs or cats, blog owners should show pics of their animals OFTEN! :)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

You can post all the pics of those little fluff balls you want. What cuties they are.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

They are adorable !!!! so cute
:-))

10:37 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I'm not a huge fan of cats but these kittens are CUTE! I'm terrible with names so I can't help you there.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

AWWWWW....what cute kitties! I like the name Smokey for the little boy, and the first thing I thought of when I saw the little girl, was a puff ball, so I was thinking Puff....but Puff and Smokey bring on a whole new set of meanings, so discarded that idea right away! lol.. Good luck!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home