My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

round two

Silly me I waited until that last minute to do my Round Robin this month. Now I have to leave on a business trip on Monday and I had to rush to finish it up. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out though.
The tree is done with Heat 'n Bond crumbs. The person who made it took a class last year and had been looking for something to do with the block she made in class. She thought it would be great to have us all finish it up for her. :o) After the confetti triangle border I decided this tree needed wonky packages. I wanted the plain border to give it a look of dimension. It looks a little more dimensional in person than in the picture. I like the way the packages turned out. Tonya's houses inspired me. It is so far from what I usually do, but it was fun and I think it goes well with what was there so far. So far I am having a great time with this Round Robin. It is really making me work outside my usual quilting zone.

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your parcels are absolutely smashing - perfect with what's gone before. You're right I bet Tonya's 'letters' principles could be applied to most shapes with a little thought

5:10 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

It's hard to get an idea of scale, how big is this? Wall hanging or quilt for bed size? It's pretty cool, either way!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Your "round" looks great and adds a new dimension to the quilt. Lucky the person who owns this quilt! I hope you show pictures of all the finished Round Robins when the time comes.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

OH I think it is wonderful! Round Robins can be fun just for that reason, chances to think and do things you might not otherwise do!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

cute! Too bad you aren't here to tell me what to do with the one I've got to do next.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

The packages are perfect for this quilt! They are very original and creative. You are very talented!

12:58 AM  
Blogger dot said...

Looks good. GOes togeather well.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Tammy, your contribution is perfect! The wonky packages go beautifully with the snippet tree. This is going to be such a fun Christmas wall hanging when it is finished!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

great addition!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Tami,
That is just too cute! I love the confetti triangles...and the packages add a lot as well! GREAT JOB!
Hugs
Laurie

10:54 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

what a good idea adding a strip of packages. I think the dimensionality worked well too

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

The packages look great. I also really like the confetti triangles - I don't know why I've never thought of using them as a border.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

The packages were just the right thing to add. Too cute!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

I really like your addition to the RR :-)

2:04 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Those presents realllllly make the quilt! Great job!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lois R. said...

Cool packages!

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home