My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

a couple fewer stresses

I keep hoping that pretty soon things will calm down enough so that I can breathe. I think we made some huge steps in the last week towards getting there. We have been working pretty steadily on getting the house all ready for showings. We have moved more unnecessary furniture to the new house and our dining room now echoes. :o) No interest yet, but when someone is ready for a showing we will be too.
My son graduated this afternoon. The last week has been a huge stress leading up to today. They had mandatory marching practices and Senior activities all this week. In his mind he graduated a week and a half ago when the Seniors didn't have to classes anymore. It's been a struggle. He said he wanted to have a cookout after the ceremony and invite his friends and families so we started working towards that. Opened the pool, started inviting people and bought a bunch of food. Then he decided that he didn't. We told him it was too late since people had already been invited, but he stopped inviting so we have a ton of food left over. Oh well, I will freeze the hamburgers and we will have lots of cookouts this summer.
We managed to keep a very big secret from DS to surprise him for graduation. DD told him she couldn't afford airline tickets to come for the ceremony. He had accepted that. We spent yesterday packing up boxes to take to the other house and we told him we had to take that load over. We dropped everything off and went to the airport to pick up DD and her boyfriend. We got home and he was watching a movie. She popped into the room and he looked at her like he didn't know who she was. He was so surprised. We thought that one of my friends had spoiled the surprise on Tuesday when she inadvertently told her husband that DD was going to be here in front of DS. Luckily, he was doing the teenage thing of ignoring everything that adults say. :o) I guess sometimes the things that annoy us can come in handy.
DD wanted to stand on the bleachers for the picture of them so she could be taller than he is again. She is 4 years older and he is about 10 inches taller now.

On a happy quilty note. I finished all the remaining 9-patches for my Sew Scrappy. Now I just have to sew the top together and piece the border with the waste hst's.

11 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I know you'll be happy to get the house sold. Good luck! That will make your life a whole lot less stressful.

Judy L.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Congratulations on your graduate!

We're going to be putting our house on the market too and I'm just trying to declutter - staging will have to wait. I don't have the energy to do everything before listing it so we'll declutter the master bedroom which is the only bad room other than my studio and then work on some other things bit by bit.

11:12 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Congrats on the graduation. What a neat surprise for your son to have his sis shoe up.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Congratulations to your son--and to you also! It is a long road to get these kids to graduation day! It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. What a nice surprise for your son. Relax - you earned the rest!

2:39 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Congratulations to your son on his graduation! Now it is time for mom to relax and enjoy having her daughter home!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Congrats to the graduate and his parents! What a neat surprise that your daughter could be home, after all! Any nibbles on the home sale?

10:08 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Congratulations to your graduate!
Jeanne

10:57 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

WTG on a graduation and getting stuff moved AND getting all the blocks for a quilt done. You sure have been busy!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Congrats on your son's graduation!

I'm glad his sister got to come and it was a great surprise for him!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Congratulations on your graduate and very good luck with selling your house !

2:38 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Family surprise visits are always fun when a long distance trip is involved! Congrats!

Cheers!

Evelyn

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home