My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Friday, January 13, 2006

moving




We have purchased an 1810 brick colonial farmhouse in rural Maine. We will be moving in a few months after our son graduates from high school. We are planning a trip over tomorrow to start cleaning and dh is going to start building a closet. You know how old houses are, never any closet space. I am so lucky to have a husband who likes to build. We are going to have an entire room for a closet off the master bedroom. It will be walkthrough so I can get down to my new sewing room without going through the whole house.

I am still debating about how much redecorating I want to do. The person who owned it before us was more interested in art than history. She painted with lovely colors, but certainly not period. She gave us articles and journals written by and about former owners and I was very excited to find a lot of clues to how the house was originally including Moses Eaton stenciling in the hallway. My Aunt Joyce works for a landmark society and is coming over tomorrow to have a look and see what architectural clues she can find to the original layout.

The former owner is a photographer and had built a studio in the barn/shed. I am going to be setting up my sewing room in there. It's 15 x25. I have never had a space so large before :c) I can't wait to start moving my sewing cabinets and stash in. I have been working for the last 6 years in one portion of our bedroom. Granted it's a large bedroom, but when dh wants to go to bed my sewing tends to keep him awake. I am a night person and often stay up late and could be sewing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Hi Tami!

It was a treat to find your blog when I was roaming through the ring this evening! What a beautiful home! Im sure your quilts and other special things will turn it into a place you love to be!

Looking forward to reading more of your blog as you add to it!

Bonnie

7:52 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

How lucky - sounds like you will habe you "perfect" sewing space soon!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

What a amazing beautifull house :c) I wish you all luck and a good health in it !!!!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home