My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

happy, happy, joy, joy

I love "fall back". That extra hour really comes in handy. It is also more in tune with my natural body clock. Much easier to get up in the morning.
We started out this weekend picking up our furniture from prison. One of the correction centers in Maine does furniture upholstering. Our living room couch and chairs are almost 20 years old. I have been trying to find new ones for a few years, but couldn't find anything I liked as well as what I have that we could afford. Most people throw away instead of refurbish so there aren't a lot of upholstery shops left. My mom had mentioned that she thought the inmates in Windham did it so I looked it up online and they did. It took me quite a while to find fabric, but I dropped them off 4 weeks ago. The results are just what we were hoping for. I had them do the chair with the reverse of the fabric for a little variation.
I was so happy with my new furniture it made me want to make the curtains I bought fabric for last year. One pair finished, three more to go.
I had a good stashbusting week. I backed my friend's quilt. All that's left is the buttonholes and buttons. I'm also counting my curtains as stashbusting. It's not quilting, but that fabric has been in my stash for a year.
Fabric in - not a thing
Fabric out - 5 1/2 yards
Last thing. I don't know about you guys, but November 4th can not get here soon enough for me. I am so tired of the "approved by" adds. The poll calls and the "vote for" signs everywhere. I'm going to do my part and vote, but I'm tempted not to because at this point they are all just annoying me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori in South Dakota said...

The reversal of the fabric was perfect. And curtains, wow, you are nesting! I have been ignoring the phone calls all weekend, I will NOT answer the political calls, have studied my sample ballot and my choices are made. I plan to be sewing after I vote!

3:40 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

they look wonderful
what a great program they have for the inmates.
something positive.

nice curtains too.

are making pillows next?

5:11 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Your sofa and chair look great. I wish I had the opportunity to do that too. My sofa need reupholstering and my kids keep telling me to get new, but I just love this sofa and so far have not found anything I like better. Nice job on the drapes. I am out of town this week, so I had to vote absentee ballot and have that priviledge done. I too am sick and tired of the ads and will be happy to see them gone. Local senate race in NC between Barbara Dole and Kay Hagen has gotten especially nasty and I so wish they would both just go away.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Sweet P said...

Your sofa and chair look great! I have a chair I want to get reupholstered. Too bad Windham is a little but too far from Dover. I will be voting tomorrow. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

The furniture looks awesome! And any stash busting is an excellent thing. Keep stitching! *VBS* Hugs, Finn

4:50 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Really pretty fabric on your sofa and chair, just a great update! I too was really glad when all the election coverage stopped...

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home