My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

guess what i did yesterday

Yesterday was the teddy bear class that I signed up for after my birthday trip to the craft fair. I have always loved teddy bears, as evidenced by the number I have gracing my house. It was great fun. Here is a picture of our faceless, earless bears as we were heading to lunch. This is the first time I took adult ed classes in this town. They served us lunch from locally grown foods made by one of the other classes. It was run by a group that helps with and encourages home gardening. I was really impressed. They even gave us recipes for the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies they served. Yummy.









I tried to snap pictures of the others as they finished. Here is a showcase of the completed projects I got pictures of. I am kind of a perfectionist so I was the last one done. I didn't get a picture of mine until I got home so he's the one in the little chair. I spent last night searching the internet for bear making supplies. You just know that I am in desperate need of a new crafting hobby. Can you say ADD? I would really like to make more, but I am trying very hard to fight the urge. Mohair is around $100.00 a yard. I would have to want a lot of bears to make it worthwhile.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

They are gorgeous. Good luck in your new hobby

Love and hugs Gina xxx

1:47 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

sooo cute, oh I know its hard starting a new hobby. I really want to learn how to make a hooked rug but shutter at the cost of the wool to get started.
so I will wait another few years! good luck with your bear making :)
Kathie

4:38 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

OMG those bears are just wonderful! Looks like another hobby on your horizon...LOL! Will you share the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe?

6:09 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Oh they are just darling . . . of course you need to make more - they need friends *s*

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Love all of the new teddy bears! I bet this was a fun class.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and your kinds words!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Lynn E said...

Oh my your bear and the others are darling. Heaven help us from new hobbies. I don't have enough time for another.lol

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home