My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

now i'm cookin'

Finally! I've had some time to quilt. Remember this? It has been a while. This is the quilt I am working on for a friend at work. She wants a duvet cover for her down comforter. This is being lined and backed with a buttoned open end. I got the borders on and lined it. I was going to get the backing on, but I couldn't remember which length would be the bottom to leave open for buttons. I'll ask her tomorrow at work so maybe I can finish it up this week.
I'm back on the stashbusting wagon.
Fabric in this week 0.
Fabric out 9.5 yards.
I just had to share this kitty picture. Every time I have ordered from Knitpicks my kitties have commandeered the box, usually not even waiting until it's empty. They are a great size for them to curl up in. We have 2 lined up in front of the fireplace and they move from one to the other and trade back and forth through the day. Misty for some reason the other day decided that she wanted to be in the same one with Dusky. I just couldn't resist getting a picture.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I love your kitties - that is a fantastic picture. Although my 3 get on well they never curl up together like this.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your quilt is just wonderful! Love the kitty.

6:38 AM  
Blogger pdudgeon said...

wow that's a great duvet cover!! i love the pattern and the colors you chose.

very lovely kitties. it's nice that they're so friendly with each other.

6:42 AM  
Blogger swooze said...

Nice quilt. Adorable kitties!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

That is just too funny - the picture with the cats. Aren't cats just the strangest creatures. Love your quilt!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home