My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

quickie post

Just a quick post before bed. I wanted to show off my cool drawing win from Paula. When I first started reading her post about her giveaway I wasn't going to enter because lets face it the last thing I need in my life is more fabric. Then she went and mentioned sock yarn. Now sock yarn is another whole entire story. I really need sock yarn. My sock yarn stash isn't nearly as extensive as my quilting fabric stash. This of course means that it can be housed it in one cabinet as opposed to three. I felt that I had to take the chance with sock yarn on the line and I won! Here is a picture of my winnings. Notice the baggie full of already pieced units. Great head start on some blocks. A Mary Englebreit needle card, snowman pattern and some homespun fabric. Great gift. Thank you so much Paula.
This is the sunset I drove home from work in tonight. Isn't it gorgeous? I had to get out my camera and take a picture as soon as I got home. I just wish I could have captured the color's of the fall leaves as well.
And last, but certainly not least I think I have mentioned before how few people I can brag to about my DD. Her company is dancing Swan Lake now and she has one of the important soloist parts. A review was done on last weekend's performances and she is mentioned as a "standout" in the article. I was hesitant about posting a link because I read on some one's blog recently how you shouldn't post things that can lead back to the person. I know there are tons of horror stories, but then I thought ANYONE can read the article online or in the paper if they wanted to so here it is.



4 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Beautiful sunset - all the colors of fall right in the sky.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

So glad you like the goody package.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Looks like a great goody package. When will you start knitting up those socks? What a beautiful sunset! Thanks for sharing that photo.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Congratulations on your win and what an impressive sunset you captured on film. I read the entire article and it sure made me want to see the performance. Congratulations as well on such a talented daughter.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home