My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, May 15, 2006

my NEW sewing room

I have been so anxious to use my new sewing room. I would like to move everything in and get it all arranged, but I'm not sure I can live without my fabric and stuff until we move for good. It might be better for showing this house if I took everything out of our bedroom since it is a little crowded, but then what would I do with myself and about those round robin quilts I am going to be getting every month. I have no idea how I am going to be able to keep this place clean for showings. My cleaning style is sort of chaos and clutter. We all tend to have flat surface disease and I open cupboards and shove things in for company. It looks nice, but I think buyers might be snooping . :c / I hope the first people who look buy it so I won't have to straighten up very often. It looks like we aren't going to make our June 4th moving date even if the first customers offer. My husband has told DS to go ahead and apply for jobs here, so I guess we are here for the summer unless this house sells.
This is about half of my new sewing space. I think I will put my sewing cabinet against the long wall beside the door. My ironing board and design wall should go between the 2 openings to the storage area. My cutting station will go in front of the windows. (can you tell I have been thinking about it a lot?)
This space is in the barn. DH said I wouldn't want to work out here much because it is so removed from the rest of the house. I told him I was putting his recliner and a wall mounted TV at this end so he could keep me company while I sew. ;o)
We spent last weekend frantically cleaning, packing and repairing to get our current house ready to go on the market. We took a break on Mother's Day to take me out to dinner *vbs* and a trip to Home Depot for house fixing supplies. I have heard that the housing market in this area is getting softer by the day. :o\ Figures. We will just have to hope for the best.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I love those exposed beams & that space looks so big! Good luck with the sale!

10:06 AM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Oh, Tami, the new room is HUGE! I went back on the link to see your old room -- giggling at "equal opportunity stasher!"
Jeanne :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Looks like a WONDERFUL sewing space to me! We should all be so lucky as to have that much room. I just finished reading the new book called "Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space" by Lois Hallock. What a wonderful book for ideas. I recommend you get your hands on a copy because you might get some ideas you really like.

4:02 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Tami I am so jealous of all that wonderful space! Moving, particularly a quilting room, is a major undertaking. Best of luck!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Tami, that room is amazing-looks to have good light, too. I could be very jealous, instead I will be happy that some quilters have great sewing rooms.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I hate selling houses! I tend to have things (mainly books) stacked around too and hate have to keep everything *company clean*. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

What a great sewing room. I would love to be in a separate building that was all mine! No kids interrupting or phone calls. Have fun fixing it up!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

It's an absolutely perfect room! Have fun moving your stuff in and getting settled!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home